Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The REALLY missing tooth....

Caroline lost her first tooth a while ago, and continued to wiggle the remaining lower front tooth that was also loose. That one came out during lunch at school yesterday - which means she likely SWALLOWED it with her raviolis or chocolate chip cookies. When I picked her up from school she was completely inconsolable. Floods of tears. "But how will the Tooth Fairy know that it really happened?" After a quick call to the pediatrician to confirm that there would be no harm done by the tooth taking the wrong path (Dr. L suggested I could prove my parenting mettle by searching for it - no thanks!), we decided to write a note to the Tooth Fairy to explain what happened.

Caroline's note said: "Dear Tooth Fairy - My loose tooth came out yesterday but it's gone because I ate it by mistake. Sorry! Love Caroline"

Tooth Fairy wrote her back in fairy-pink sparkly scrapbooking pen - "Dear Caroline - no problem. Accidents happen! But I'll be back for the next one. Love, T.F."

I just love that our communicative Tooth Fairy is so understanding....